The creative ability, questioning mindset and drive of humans are the basic guarantors that, there would be further inventions as long as there is life on earth. Also, it is a sure thing that improvements will be made on whatever invention that is made or has been made like the CorelDraw Graphics Suite. It is the nature of humans.
Add to the above the prevailing free market system and of course, the law of demand and supply and you will see that there is a lot of motivation to keep trying to create a new product, service, machine etc.
The fact is that everyone benefits from all this because it results in better products and services, enhanced ability and productivity in the work place.
As we strive to get our hands on the latest product trending out there, checking out a product review prior to investing in this product is usually a good way to go. This ensures that the product is indeed all it is thought to be. In this article, we will be doing a quick review of CorelDraw graphics suite.
What Is It?
Basically, the CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2020 is a software that enables the user to create images, add special effects, edit and enhance graphic designs. You can read more about it here.
This software product has been in existence since 1989 when it was first released by the Corel Corporation after which it was named. At the time, it was a ground breaking innovation that changed the face of graphic design for good. It has however continued remain very relevant with the frequent modifications and improvements that have been introduced to consistently upgrade it.
It is used for vector based graphic designs and you can see examples of projects completed with this software in form of brand logos, wedding cards, brochures, fliers etc. and these are just some of its basic functions.
Below are some examples of the uses that it can be put to.
- To Design Posters: With it, a designer creates a design background on which photos, images, logos or just the ordinary text may be added.
- For Creating Shapes and Everyday Figures: There are basic shapes and figures that can be created with it to signify various things and ideas which can be used for various purposes. An example is the smile emoji or other cartoonish sketches of birds, shapes etc.
- To Make Basic Leaflets or Cards: Most of the basic designs on leaflets, invitation cards we see and use are designed on CorelDraw. One of its major advantages is that anyone who can use the software can create these designs from the comfort of their homes.
- It Can Be Used With Other Programs: Projects started on this software can be saved in other formats and be used in or with other software. This eases things up for a designer.
You can find out more at https://www.educba.com/uses-of-corel-draw/.
If you are a beginner, or you haven’t yet totally mastered its uses, these few tips on how to use CorelDraw might prove very invaluable to you.
- Ensure that you always save the document after creating it. This will ensure that you do not mistakenly lose your work or the progress you have made.
- It is also important that you learn how to use the blend tool. This tool is used to create a progression of different shapes by transforming one object to another in an orderly manner.
- Master how to make use of the document’s color palette. There is a customized color pallet on the base of the document. This is available both in this software and in the Corel Photo-paint.
- Also, learn how to use special effects to create blur lines without affecting the image quality. This can be done using the Gaussian blur lens.
- It is also important that you learn how to edit graphics by drawing in that very pixel unit. This can be done by making use of the pixel view for web graphic tools which ensure that the design is further enhanced when it appears on the web.
- Finally, the polygon tool is another very important tool that can help you to incorporate different shapes into your design. This polygon tool is classified into three tools namely, the polygon tool, the pick tool and the shape tool. They generally make the work of the designer easier and more creative.
The New CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2020
As earlier stated, modifications and improvements are always made to products to improve the quality of service they can provide. In this case, these modifications have been made to make easier the work of the designer.
Some of these advanced features in this very instance enables you the designer to:
- Make illustrative designs, symbols, logos etc. with wonderful backgrounds that are perfectly unique.
- Connect with reviewers or co-workers on a project or even with your clients while you work. The idea is to this is that you are able to gather feedback from them as you work on whatever be the project.
- Finish a lot more in less time.
Mastering Its Use
New users of an updated software program might find it hard to be able to master the new updated version which they now possess. The purpose of this CorelDraw Graphics suite review is to provide you with information that will prepare you for some of the new features that were introduced.
For example, this 2020 version enables the designer to do the various graphics works necessary on both Windows, Mac and also online. It is therefore important that you, the designer, make extra effort to understand the various aspects of these updated features so you can effectively use them for optimized results.
Enhancement of equipment, tools, machines and software, always makes for improved products, services and results. This improved end result is both achieved by the improved tool as well as the precise and improved use of the tool.
As a designer, if you plan on getting this new CorelDraw graphics suite, understand that it will not do the job for you; it will only make it easier for you to get the job done. After all, it is just a tool even if a really great one.
Of course, time for me to learn something new other than Photoshop.